Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Oh, what a night!

Working nights as a nurse gives me a chance to work alongside some pretty wonderful people, but it can also make you feel like a zombie. Last night was one of those nights where I wouldn't trade my work crew for anything in the world. It was a pretty busy night and everyone worked like a well oiled machine.
However, when you get home from a night like that, the last thing you want to do is think about dinner. Luckily, back in August I had some extra time one day and made up a whole slew of make ahead meals and stocked my freezer. So today all hubby had to do was take the lasagna out of the fridge (I stuck it in last night before work so it would defrost) and bake. You know how things taste better when someone else cooks it? You kind of get that effect since you didn't make it.....today. On top of that, I froze all of my meals in disposable foil containers so there is no clean up.

Mmmm, leftovers go to work for lunch :)

On a sad note, the freezer is starting to look a little bare now that I've used up several of my meals. I guess since I'm off this weekend, there will be another big cooking day to restock. If you decide to make some make ahead meals yourself, please take my advice and do your shopping and cooking on SEPARATE days. I've tried it both ways and can tell you from experience that planning and shopping in the same day you cook all of your meals is too much work.
Do you do anything that saves you time in the kitchen? Have any make ahead favorites I can add to my freezer stockpile?
Happy Hump Day!

No comments: